A Project CARE mentor's responsibilities include:
- Committing 30 minutes to one hour at least one day per week.
- Working with small groups of students following the instruction provided by the classroom teacher.
- Contributing to a positive, friendly, and supportive environment in which the student can enjoy learning.
- Motivating students to do their best.
- Helping the student stay on task.
- Making sure the student is an active participant in the learning. Stop and ask questions to draw the student out. Reward the student by listening to them with focused interest.
- Praising students by acknowledging specific positive behaviors.
- Keeping information about students confidential.
- Working closely with the Project CARE Plus facilitators and ask questions or discuss concerns when appropriate.
- Remaining faithful and responsible in attendance. Let the Project CARE Plus facilitator and teacher know if you are unable to be there on your scheduled day
- Enjoying the experience as you change the life of young boys and girls through volunteering