Code of Conduct for Extracurricular Activities
In order to participate in any school activity, practice, rehearsal or performance, etc., after school, in the evening, or weekend, a student must meet these three requirements:
- The student must be in attendance ALL DAY unless a special arrangement has been made with the school administration.
- The student must be making satisfactory academic progress in all subjects, to be determined by the school. Parents will be notified by the school (e.g. coach, athletic director, sponsor) when students are ineligible for extracurricular activities.
- The student must be in good standing with all administrator issued detentions. Students serving In-School Suspension or Out-of-School Suspension are ineligible to participate in extracurricular activities for that day. Students notified of In-School Suspension or Out-of-School Suspension for the following day are ineligible to participate in extracurricular events on the day of notification. Similarly, students may not be spectators at extracurricular events on the same days described above for participation.
- A student participating in an activity or athletic program will be subject to disciplinary action if he or she violates this Code of Conduct for Extracurricular Activities. Violations will be treated cumulatively, with disciplinary penalties increasing with subsequent violations.
The student shall not:
- Violate the District’s policies or procedures on student discipline;
- Use a beverage containing alcohol (except for religious purposes);
- Use tobacco in any form; • Use, possess, buy, sell, barter, or distribute any illegal substance or paraphernalia;
- Use, possess, buy, sell, barter, or distribute any object that is or could be considered a weapon or any item that is a “look alike” weapon. This prohibition does not prohibit legal use of weapons in cooking and in sports, such as archery, martial arts practice, target shooting, hunting, and skeet;
- Attend a party or other gathering and/or ride in a vehicle where alcoholic beverages and/or controlled substances are being consumed by minors;
- Act in an unsportsmanlike manner;
- Vandalize or steal; Haze other students;
- Violate the written rules for the activity or sport;
- Behave in a manner that is detrimental to the good of the group or school;
- Be insubordinate or disrespectful toward the activity’s sponsors or team’s coaching staff;
- Falsify any information contained on any permit or permission form required by the activity or sport.