Social and emotional development is incorporated in the District’s educational program and is consistent with the social and emotional development standards in the Illinois Learning Standards. The objectives for addressing the needs of students for social and emotional development through the educational programs are to:
- Enhance students’ school readiness, academic success, and use of good citizenship skills
- Foster a safe, supportive learning environment where students feel respected and valued
- Teach skills to all students
- Partner with families and the community to promote students’ social and emotional development
- Prevent or minimize mental health problems.