Online Registration for Returning Students
Online registration for students returning to Bensenville School District 2 for the 2023-2024 school year will begin Wednesday, April 5, and conclude Friday, April 21. It will be conducted through the District's new PowerSchool student information system, and it will require parents to create PowerSchool Parent Portal account.
Please follow the instructions below to create your PowerSchool Parent Portal account and complete your child’s registration.
STEP 1: Creating a PowerSchool Parent Portal Account
You must create a Parent Portal account in order to register. If you have already created an account, move ahead to Step 2.
- Go to bsd2.powerschool.com
- Click the “Create Account” tab, and then click the “Create Account” button.
- Enter the information required in the “Parent Account Details” section.
- Enter the information required in the “Link Student to Account” section. To link your child to your account, you will need to enter their Access ID and Password exactly as they are listed in their registration letter. This information is different for each student, and is listed in separate registration letters for each child in your family.
- Click “Enter” and check your email for a verification message. You will have 24 hours to verify your account by clicking the link in the verification message.
STEP 2: Registering for the 2023-2024 school year
You must create a Parent Portal account in order to register. If you have not done so, return to Step 1 and follow those directions to create your account..
- Go to bsd2.powerschool.com
- In the “Sign In” tab, select a language, enter your login information, and click “Sign In.”
- Names of students linked to your account will be listed across the top of the page. Click the name of the student you want to register.
- Click the “Forms” icon in the “Navigation” menu on the left side of the page.
- Click the “2023-2024 Online Registration” link.
- Update the “Student Information” section as necessary
- Answer to the four questions in the “Parent/Guardian/Emergency Contact” section.
- Update the “Parent/Guardian and Emergency Contacts” section as necessary.
- Review the“Current Medical Conditions” and add any necessary updates in the box below.
- Update the information listed for your family doctor and dentist as necessary.
- Enter your name in the “Signature of Parent or Guardian” section and click the “Submit” button to complete your registration.
NOTE: Each student returning to District 2 next year must be registered. To register another student, click their name in the blue bar at the top of the page and repeat Step 2.
STEP 3: Linking additional students to your account
If the student you want to register is not listed across the top of your Parent Portal homepage, the student has not been linked to your account. Follow these instructions to link the student to your account.
- Click the “Account Preferences” icon in the “Navigation” menu on the left side of the page.
- Click the “Students” tab in the “Account Preferences - Profile” section.
- Click the “Add” button.
- Enter the information required to connect the student to your account. The student’s Access ID and Password must be entered exactly as it is listed in their registration letter. If you do not have this information, please contact your child’s school.