Description: Assist in the classroom during a teacher's absence.
If you are you a teacher or college graduate, substitute teaching is a great way to make connections, build your resume, and even continue your job search while working in a rewarding and flexible environment.
Requirements: At least one of the following:
- Illinois Professional Educator Teaching License
- Substitute License - requires a college degree in any field
- Short-term Substitute License - requires 60 college hours in any field
- Illinois Professional Educator Teaching License: $150 after 10 days; $110 for the 1st 10 days
- Substitute and Short-Term Substitute License: $115 after 10 days $100 for the first 10 days
- Substitute Incentive Program: Receive a $100 bonus after you have completed three days of substitute service.
- Paid Training: Candidates will be paid for one shadow day to gain familiarity with our schools, classroom expectations and the role of the substitute. The orientation will give substitutes the skills they need to be successful from their first day forward.
- Obtaining Substitute and Short-Term Substitue Licenses
- Click here for information on how to obtain a substitute or short-term substitute license.
- Click here for a substitute license application checklist.
- The Illinois State Board of Education will reimburse the application fee for a substitute teacher license once a new substitute teacher works 10 days.
For more information, call Bensenville School District 2 at 630-766-5940, or apply online at www.bsd2.org/Employment.
We might also want to mention that for new subs, ISBE will reimburse the application fee for the sub license once the sub teaches for 10 or more days.