Suicide Awareness & Prevention
District 2 addresses suicide and depression awareness in conjunction with Board of Education Policy 7:290 to provide students, parents/guardians, and employees with practices and procedures for early identification and referral of students possibly at risk of suicide.
You Are Not Alone!
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis or needs someone to talk to, there are people who care and who can help.
District 2 participates in a statewide school safety program called Safe2Help Illinois. The goal of the Safe2Help program is to encourage students to “Seek Help Before Harm.” Its 24/7 helpline offers students a safe, confidential way to share information on school safety issues. Safe2Help Illinois aims to help prevent suicide, bullying, school violence and other threats to student safety. Safe2Help allows students to safely and confidentially connect with a trained crisis professional during their own crisis or report a potential threat.
Students can share an alert through Safe2Help via Illinois:
- Website: www.Safe2Helpil.com
- Text: SAFE2 (72332)
- Phone: 844-4-SAFEIL (844-472-3345)
- App: Download App in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Email: HELP@Safe2HelpIL.com
The following resources will also support students facing a crisis or threat:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call - 988
- Crisis Text Line: Text - REACH to 741741
- DuPage County Health Department Crisis Line: Call - 630-627-1700
- 211DuPage: Visit 211dupage.gov for a free confidential information and referral service that will provide a central access point to health and human services in the area 24-hours a day year-round.
Students can also reach out to school support staff at any time with any concerns.