To reinforce expected student behavior, parents/guardians have the responsibility to:
- Ensure that any family members involved in the students' education are aware of all parent/guardian responsibilities and rights.
- Provide current telephone numbers where they can be reached in an emergency, and to notify the school immediately if a telephone number or address changes.
- Provide and update school staff with current names and telephone numbers of emergency contacts in the event they cannot be reached.
- For the student’s safety, promptly report the reason for any absence or tardiness to school staff.
- Ensure their child is in daily attendance as well as adheres to the students’ specific arrival and dismissal times.
- Provide supplies, time, place, supervision, and encouragement for their child’s home study.
- Ensure their child completes homework, is ready to learn, and is properly prepared for daily school expectations.
- Discuss assignments, report cards, and other school communications with their child.
- Maintain regular communication with their school concerning their child’s progress and behavior.
- Encourage citizenship that displays respect for the rights of all members of the school community.
- Cooperate with staff in modifying the child’s behavior when necessary.
- Comply with all school and District policies, procedures and rules when on campus, including, but not limited to, obeying all traffic signs while at and on school property and when present for extracurricular activities..
Parents/guardians have the right to:
- Expect their child to be treated fairly and with respect.
- Expect their child to develop personal and educational skills in a classroom environment that fosters positive self-esteem.
- Be informed on a regular basis of their child’s academic and behavioral progress, both positive and negative.
- Be informed of available counseling services and their rights to due process.
- Expect individual differences to be recognized and respected.
- Expect their child to be taught in a safe environment conducive to learning.
- Receive partnership and support of teachers and staff members.
- Have confidentiality in student records respected as provided by law.