It is the responsibility of District 2’s professional staff to:
- Act as role models for their students by promoting and exhibiting high personal standards of courtesy, respect, care, language, and honesty.
- Model and positively reinforce school-wide expectations in all interactions (for example, responsibility, respect, safety).
- Design and deliver an effective instructional program that meets the needs of students and maintains high expectations for all.
- Implement positive behavior management procedures that facilitate a safe learning environment.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with social-emotional learning staff and administration to respond to student social-emotional learning, behavior, and health needs.
- Supporting a culture that values two-way communication with parents/guardians.
- Communicate with parents/guardians about student progress and behavior.
- Maintain and preserve confidential student information as provided by law.
- Adhere to the guidelines outlined in this booklet.
Each staff member has the right to:
- Work in an atmosphere free of physical, psychological, and verbal abuse.
- Expect their personal property to be respected.
- Receive the cooperation and the individual attention of every student.
- Receive the cooperation and support of parents/guardians.
- Have the assistance and cooperation of other staff members.
- Employ reasonable actions as needed to prevent injury to themselves or another person, or damage to property.