Welcome to Food & Nutrition
District 2 Food Services are provided by Sodexo. Cold and hot breakfasts and cold and hot lunches are provided every school day.
The School District participates in the USDA National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs, which means that all meals meet or exceed the guidelines and regulations for the School Meals Initiative for Healthy Children. There also will be a la carte foods available during lunch.
All food is prepared in the Blackhawk Middle School kitchen and delivered to the elementary schools. Food Services prides itself on plentiful and healthy choices at each meal.
FREE MEALS: District 2 still distributing FREE breakfasts and lunches to anyone 18 or younger
The District will distribute a week of free meals to individuals 18 years old or younger every Monday. Distribution will occur from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at all three schools and the five neighborhood bus stops listed below, and from 3-5 p.m. on Mondays at Blackhawk Middle School.
During in-person instruction under the District’s hybrid model, students attending school in person will receive a grab-and-go lunch at dismissal to eat at home before beginning remote instruction in the afternoon.
Breakfast will not be served in-school in the hybrid model, but will be included for the next day in the grab-and-go lunches students receive after attending school in person.
FOOD DISTRIBUTION LOCATIONS
Click the links below to see each location on a map.
- Blackhawk Middle School: 250 S. Church Road
- Tioga School: 212 W. Memorial Road
- W.A. Johnson School: 252 Ridgewood Drive
- Yorkbrook Apartments Bus Stop: 100 George Street
- 1090 W. Irving Park Road Bus Stop: 1090 W. Irving Park Road
- Marshall & Argyle Bus Stop: Argyle Street and Marshall Road
- Jefferson & Marion Bus Stop: Marion Street & East Jefferson Street
- Spruce & Glendale Bus Stop: Spruce Avenue and Glendale Street