- Bensenville School District 2
E-LEARNING UPDATE: BSD2 students can begin completing lessons from home on Wednesday
District 2 has developed E-Learning plans to provide quality instruction for all students while schools are closed during the coronavirus outbreak.
Students can begin completing E-Learning lessons at home on Wednesday, March 18.
Direct links to our “E-Learning Lessons” will be shared via emails, text messages, and on-screen website alerts each day of the closure.
Keep reading or click the link to our E-Learning FAQ below for more important information about these plans.
Lessons with directions will be provided for these students in take-home learning bags that will be ready for pick up at your child’s school on Tuesday, March 17, from 2-6 p.m.
- Johnson School
- Kindergarten: Pick up at Door 1
- Grade 1: Pick up it Door 25
- Grade 2: Pick up at Door 20
- Tioga School
- Pre-Kindergarten: Pick up at Door 36
- Kindergarten: Bags went home with the students on Friday, March 13. If your child was absent, you are welcome to pick up a take-home learning bag at Door 1.
- Grade 1: Pick up at Door 1
- Grade 2: Pick up at Door 10
Emergency E-Learning lessons for these students will be posted to the District and school websites by 8:30 a.m. each morning.
- Emails, text messages, and on-screen website alerts will provide direct links to the “E-Learning Lessons.”
- On the “E-Learning Lessons” webpages, students will locate and click the link to their teachers’ Google Classroom. (Students who did not register in class on March 13 will need to enter the classroom code listed with the link.)
- Upon entering their Google Classroom, students must submit their attendance for the day by 9 a.m.
- After registering their attendance, students will work at their own pace to complete the assignments that have been posted for the day.
- Students submit their work to their teachers by 9 p.m. that evening. However, lessons can be submitted as they are completed by the students all along the way.
- Students and parents experiencing technical difficulties with these lessons will be able to contact the help desk at their school between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:20 p.m.
The District will need to continue monitoring the health of our student community, so parents of students who are sick should still report their child’s absence to their child’s school by 9 a.m. and note the symptoms they are experiencing.