- Bensenville School District 2
IMPORTANT UPDATE: District 2 returning to in-person instruction after Columbus Day
Bensenville School District 2 will shift to its hybrid instructional model on Tuesday, October 13, due to positive local COVID infection trends.
The BSD2 Board of Education voted to make this transition during its special meeting on Wednesday, September 30.
Under the hybrid model, students who have chosen to return to in-person instruction will attend school in-person two days per week on a rotation: Cohort A on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and Cohort B on Thursdays and Fridays. Monday will remain a remote learning day.
Parents were mailed their children’s cohort information the week of September 28. If you have not received your child’s cohort information, please contact your school immediately.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Remote learning activities will continue five days a week for those students whose parents chose the 100 Percent Remote Option through November 20 -- the end of the first trimester. Parents will again be offered a choice between in-person and all-remote instruction for the second trimester; that application period will begin October 30 and close November 6.
THE HYBRID MODEL
In the hybrid model, approximately half of grade-level students will report in person two days per week in order to comply with health department social distancing requirements.
While students attend school in-person two days per week, all students will still receive five days of continuous instruction.
- On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, students in Cohort A will attend school in person while Cohort B students and 100 percent remote students log in to participate with peers in the same lessons.
- On Thursdays and Fridays, students in Cohort B will attend school in person while Cohort A students and 100 percent remote students log in to participate with peers in the same lessons.
- On Mondays, all students receive instruction 100 percent remotely from home. Students will log in for a blend of both synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
- Click here for more information on daily schedules in the hybrid model.
Here are all of the hybrid model messages we've sent in preparation for our return to in-person instruction on Tuesday, October 13:
- IMPORTANT UPDATE: District 2 returning to in-person instruction after Columbus Day
- Schedules and Cohorts
- Daily Requirements to Certify Your Student’s Health
- Symptomatic Students and Confirmed COVID Cases
- Cleaning, Disinfecting, and Ventilation
- Healthy Hygiene Practices
- Social Distancing Measures
- Face Coverings
- Material Sharing and Technology
- Restrooms and Hand Washing
- Transportation and Food Service
- Review of Daily COVID Student Health Certification.
- How to Decide if School are Open
This information can also be found in the BSD2 Reopening Plan and the BSD2 Reopening FAQ, both of which were revised on September 30.