- Bensenville School District 2
Return to Headlines
BACK-TO-SCHOOL BRIEFS: Need-to-know info on healthy hygiene practices and cleaning, disinfecting and ventilation
As we approach the first day of school on Wednesday, August 18, we will share brief daily messages providing more details on the District's 2021-2022 In-Person Reopening Plan.
Healthy Hygiene Practices
- Schools will teach and reinforce washing hands, avoiding contact with one's eyes, nose, and mouth, and covering coughs and sneezes among students and staff.
- Students and staff will wash their hands upon arrival in the morning; upon entry to the classroom; before and after eating; after coughing or sneezing; after being outside; and after using the restroom.
- Hand sanitizer will be widely available throughout the building and in classrooms for student and staff use when hand washing is not practicable.
- Schools will be stocked with adequate supplies to support healthy hygiene behaviors, including soap and hand sanitizers.
- Procedures for restroom usage will be developed and adhered to by each school to ensure minimal movement, hallway/facility congregation or crowding, and will follow physical distancing guidelines. If a child requests to use the bathroom at a time other than the scheduled time for the class, that request will be granted as soon as possible.
- Communal water fountains will be shut off. Water refill stations will remain in operation. Each child is encouraged to bring a water bottle each day for their personal use. Students will be reminded that no one else should touch or use their water bottle.
Cleaning, Disinfecting and Ventilation
- All District 2 cleaning, disinfecting and ventilation practices will follow procedures and expectations that align with ISBE, IDPH and DCHD guidelines.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved disinfecting products will be used to disinfect hard surfaces throughout the day and after school. Restrooms and high-touch areas will be regularly, and desks will be cleaned with soap and water as necessary.
- All building HVAC systems will operate under normal schedules to ensure good airflow and proper operation. A complete, 100 percent HVAC outdoor air building flush will be conducted before staff and students return to school., and the rate outdoor air ventilation intake will be increased to maximize dilution of the return air.
- When and wherever possible, more effective filters will be installed. All filters will be changed and coils, drains the interiors of all air handling units and unit ventilators will be cleaned.