- Bensenville School District 2
- News & Notifications
THE HYBRID MODEL: Need-to-know info about schedules and cohorts
BLACKHAWK MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Students arrive for in-person instruction or log in for remote instruction by 7:50 a.m.
- Students attending in person will be dismissed at 11:15 a.m. with a grab-and-go take-home lunch. Students attending remotely will also break for lunch at this time.
- Students and teachers will resume synchronous and asynchronous instruction remotely from 12:15-2:55 p.m.
- Specific student schedules during these hours are provided in students’ advisory classes.
TIOGA AND W.A. JOHNSON SCHOOLS
- Students arrive for in-person instruction or log in for remote instruction by 8:50 a.m.
- Students attending in person will be dismissed at noon with a grab-and-go take-home lunch. Students attending remotely will also break for lunch at this time.
- Students and teachers will resume synchronous and asynchronous instruction remotely from 1:10-3:30 p.m.
- Specific student schedules are communicated to parents by teachers and posted on teachers’ Google sites.
PRE-KINDERGARTEN AT TIOGA
Because pre-kindergarten student numbers by section are already aligned to social distancing guidelines, there are no cohorts; all Pre-K students will attend four days per week with a modified morning/afternoon schedule. Transportation will not be provided.
- Morning Sessions: 8:30-10:30 a.m. (parent drop-off at 8:25 a.m.)
- Afternoon Sessions: 12:30-2:30 p.m. (parent drop-off at 12:25 p.m.)
- Staff Lunch and Plan: 10:45-11:55 a.m.
- 11:55 a.m.-12:15 p.m. and 2:45-3 p.m.:
- Parent Communication
- Virtual Home Visits
- Synchronous individual instruction determined by teacher analysis of students’ needs. Pre-k team develops this synchronous schedule for distribution to parents and principals. Typically, these small instructional groups change every 2-3 weeks; however, in collaboration with principals, they may change more or less 7 frequently based on student formative assessment data.
District 2 must comply with health department social distancing requirements in order to return to in-person instruction on February 9.
So, under the District’s hybrid model, approximately half of grade-level students who have chosen to return to in-person instruction will attend school two days a week according to their assigned cohorts.
While these students will attend school in-person two days per week, all students will still receive five days of continuous instruction.
- On Mondays, all students receive instruction 100 percent remotely from home. Students will log in for a blend of both synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
- On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, students in Cohort A will attend school in person while Cohort B students and 100 percent remote students log in to participate with peers in the same lessons.
- On Thursdays and Fridays, students in Cohort B will attend school in person while Cohort A students and 100 percent remote students log in to participate with peers in the same lessons.
Here are all of the hybrid model messages we've sent in preparation for our return to in-person instruction:
- Schedules and Cohorts
- Symptomatic Students and Confirmed COVID Cases
- Cleaning, Disinfecting, and Ventilation
- Healthy Hygiene Practices
- Social Distancing Measures
- Face Coverings
- Material Sharing and Technology
- Restrooms and Hand Washing
- Transportation and Food Service
- NEW daily COVID self-certification procedures
- How to Decide if School are Open
This information can also be found in the BSD2 Reopening Plan and the BSD2 Reopening FAQ, both of which were revised on September 30.