- Bensenville School District 2
- News & Notifications
THE HYBRID MODEL: Need-to-know info about cleaning, disinfecting, and ventilation
All District 2 cleaning, disinfecting and ventilation practices will follow the procedures and expectations outlined below that align with ISBE, IDPH and DCHD guidelines. These procedures will be updated with any change in guidelines, and students and families will be informed of any changes to these procedures and expectations.
- Hand hygiene practices such as handwashing and or sanitizing during key times each day will be promoted.
- Students and staff with sensitive skin reactions to hand sanitizer can use soap and water.
- As necessary, desks will be cleaned with soap and water after certain activities.
- Students’ use of the restroom will be closely supervised to avoid gatherings.
- Schools will discourage the use of items that are difficult to clean.
- Restrooms will be regularly disinfected by custodial staff.
- High touch areas will be disinfected throughout the day by custodial staff.
- Hand sanitizers will be made available throughout each building.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved disinfecting products will be used to disinfect hard surfaces throughout the day and after school.
- Complete 100 percent HVAC outdoor air building flush before staff and students return to school.
- Operate all building HVAC systems under normal schedules to ensure good airflow and proper operation of all systems.
- Increase the intake of outdoor air ventilation rates to maximize dilution of the return air.
- When possible, install more effective filters.
- Change all filters and clean coils, drains, and the interior of all air handling units and unit ventilators.
- Touch-less filtered water bottle fillers are available. These stations will be cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
- Drinking fountains will be shut down.
Here are all of the hybrid model messages we've sent in preparation for our return to in-person instruction:
- Schedules and Cohorts
- Symptomatic Students and Confirmed COVID Cases
- Cleaning, Disinfecting, and Ventilation
- Healthy Hygiene Practices
- Social Distancing Measures
- Face Coverings
- Material Sharing and Technology
- Restrooms and Hand Washing
- Transportation and Food Service
- NEW daily COVID self-certification procedures
- How to Decide if School are Open
This information can also be found in the BSD2 Reopening Plan and the BSD2 Reopening FAQ, both of which were revised on September 30.