- Bensenville School District 2
- News & Notifications
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Two new confirmed cases from Tioga
Dear BSD2 Community,
Two staff members were diagnosed with COVID since January 17. Both are from Tioga School, one of them part-time. Both will remain away from the District until meeting requirements set by the state and county health departments.
There were no close contacts.
You have no restrictions when in the District. Contact tracing under State guidelines determined you were not a close contact in this situation. You may still attend school or work in the District. You do not need to quarantine.
If you develop symptoms, stay home. Contact your health care provider to determine if testing is needed. If your symptoms become severe, seek medical care immediately.
Following these COVID prevention policies will help us maintain the safest possible school environment for all students and staff.
Sources for more information
- Click here for health department information about who is a close contact (see Question 2 under “Education FAQs”)
- Click here for health department guidelines about how long to stay home. (Column A describes the person who tested positive. See Column E for the close contacts.)
- Click here for the District's FAQs about positive cases and quarantining.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Please contact your principal or supervisor if you have any questions or concerns.
Dr. James Stelter
Superintendent of Schools
Bensenville School District 2
1. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. When deciding whether you should stay home, you may exclude symptoms attributable to known allergies or to known pre-existing conditions.
2. Severe symptoms of COVID-19 include trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, and bluish lips or face.